About Touchstone Energy Cooperatives
The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives brand represents a nationwide alliance made of more than 740 local, consumer-owned electric cooperatives in 46 states.
H-D Electric Cooperative is a member of the nationwide alliance and adheres to their four core values of: integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for that network.
Did you know in all Electric Cooperatives ...
- Powers over 20 million businesses, homes, schools and farms.
- Serving over 42 million people
- Serve members across 88% of the U.S. counties
- 831 local distribution cooperative systems in 47 states
- 62 generation and transmission cooperatives
- Distribute power over 2.6 million miles of line (42% of U.S. electric distribution lines)
- Serve 56% of the U.S. land mass
- Own $130 billion in generation, transmission, and distribution assets
- Supported 68,200 electric cooperative jobs
- More than 90% of all local electric co-ops provide electricity generated from renewable sources.
What Makes Our Cooperatives Different
Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable cost-based electricity. In short, co-ops “look out” for the members they serve.
Touchstone Energy co-ops provide high standards of service according to their four core values: integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community.
2017 data from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), one the nation’s most recognized measures of customer satisfaction, Electric cooperatives on average score three points higher than all other electric companies.