Skip to main navigation.
Report an Outage 1.605.874.2171

Apply for Service

Add Service

As a New Member

  1. To begin service with H-D Electric, call the office or complete the Request for Electricity form online.
  2. Complete the Membership Application form and mail, deliver or fax the form to our office.
  3. Contact the office for appropriate fees.

Already a Member

If you are planning to build a new home, structure or need another type of electric service, please contact our office at 605-874-2171.


Change Service 

If you need to make any changes to your account or current service, please stop in the H-D Electric office in Clear Lake or contact us at 605-874-2171 as soon as possible.


Canceling Service

If you are moving out of our service area or need to cancel your service with H-D Electric for any other reason:  

  • Notify us several days in advance of the name of the person moving into the place you vacate.  Or, if no one is moving in, notify us to disconnect the service.
  • Notify us of your new address.  Please keep H-D Electric updated on your address changes for future capital credit payments.

Thank you and we hope to serve you again some day.



Powered by Touchstone Energy Cooperatives Logo
Look at Load Management Status Touchstone Energy Kids ZONE Cooperative Action Network